Beetroot & feta scones
Member recipe by janerollinson
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Cakes
- 225g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 40g butter
- 4 cooked beetroots
- 2 tsp caraway seeds
- pinch salt
- 100g feta
- 50ml milk
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan/Gas 7
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl and rub in the butter until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Grate 2 of the beetroots and add to the mix with the caraway seeds and the salt.
- Cube the remaining beetroots and the feta into approx 1cm pieces and add to the mix. Use a knife to mix well.
- Slowly add the milk, stirring with the knife until you have a dough. You may not need all the milk; don't make it too sticky.
- Knead the dough until pliable, and then roll out on a floured surface to 2cm thickness.
- Use a 2cm cutter to cut out 12 rounds and place on a non-stick baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 mins. Cool on a baking rack and eat whilst warm.