Tomato and Onion Salad
Member recipe by megzii-moo
This really hits the spot with a meal, or make it big and have it as a meal in itself. Either way, this ones a winner! By the way, this recipe is as a small side, but you can double the quantity to make a meal.
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- white onion or spring onion, very thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ground black peppercorn and salt - to taste
- splash of vinegar
- pinch of sugar (only small)
- 2 tsp of green pesto (optional)
- and for added freshness: a handful of basil leaves (cut or torn and optional)
- You can also add mozzarella or feta cheese for another texture and flavour!
- Put the onion and tomato into a decent size bowl.
- Add the olive oil, salt, and pepper, then mix.
- Add the vinegar, pesto, basil and sugar, then mix again.
- It's then fine to leave in the fridge if you want it for a lunch another day or in a tupper ware box, or ready to eat, then and there!
- Obviously, the last step is... ENJOY!!!!! xxxx thanks to all in advance