Easy Egg Fried Rice
Member recipe by bethyb63
This is easy and perfect every time. It goes well with a normal chinese cuisine but also with a normal chicken breast as a side dish.
- 400g Basmati Rice
- 4 Spring onions
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Veg Oil
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 3 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Salt
- Fill a pan up with water and bring to the boil. Whilst doing that, rince the rice over some cold water untill the water has boiled. When boiled add the rice to the water and turn the heat down to medium. Stir.
- Cook for around 10 minutes so the rice is still hard and keeps it shape. Drain away water and leave to stand for about 5 minutes.
- In a wok heat up the veg oil and add the whites of the spring onions and the garlic. Fry for 1 minute or untill golden.
- Add the eggs and as cooking break up into small pieces.
- Add rice and stir. Add sesame oil, soy sauce and salt and mix. Taste, add more salt if neccessary.
- Add the green of the spring onions, stir.