Green banana curry
Member recipe by e_leachums
A mild, creamy, vegetarian curry. Use fairtrade bananas to do your bit.
- 1 large green banana, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 25g red onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 tsp curry paste (I used pataks tikka massala)
- 100ml reduced fat coconut milk
- 25g raw blanched peanuts
- fresh coriander, to serve
- lime wedge, to serve
- In a deep frying pan heat the oil and fry the banana until lightly browned on each side. Set aside on a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- Lower the heat and stir in the onion for 10 minutes, or until soft. Add the peanuts, banana and curry paste with half the coconut milk and stir well. Cook on a low heat for 10 minutes. Season to taste.
- Pour in the rest of the coconut milk and simmer until the banana starts to break down.
- Sprinkle with the coriander and a squeeze of the lime. Serve with brown rice or indian bread and ENJOY