Member recipe by sammyandmel
A delicious pasta dish which is made with almonds. Sounds a bit odd but it really is good. The almonds give the dish a great texture.
- 8 medium sized tomatoes or 24 cherry tomatoes
- 50g whole unblanched almonds(skin on)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- pinch of salt
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 400g spaghetti
- 50g pecorino or 25g parmesan
- Put the tomatoes under a hot grill until they become soft but not brown. Skin them if desired then set aside.
- Blanch the almonds in boiling water for 2 mins, peel off skins and chop coarsely. Chop the grilled tomatoes and put in a bowl with garlic, chilli, almonds, parsley, salt and olive oil. Mix well.
- Cook the spaghetti until al dente then drain and mix with three quarters of the tomato sauce. Save a little sauce to spoon over the top. Sprinkle with pecorino/parmesan.
- Tip! To make this even easier you can use skinned, flaked almonds instead.