Member recipe by alessandra75
ServingsServes 1 - 40 Truffles
- 200 g dark chocolate, 70% cocoa
- 100 g cream
- 50 g icing sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean, opened
- 50 g butter, soft and in small pieces
- 4 tbsp almonds, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp cherry brandy
- 50-60 g cocoa powder
- Melt the chocolate to bain-marie.
- Combine cream, icing sugar and vanilla, bring to boil over low heat. Stir in chocolate and add the butter.
- Add also the almonds and the liqueur. Cover and refrigerate until firm (about 30-40 mins).
- Roll 1 teaspoon of mixture into a ball, roll the truffle in cocoa powder and place it on a small paper's cup. Repeat with the remaining mixture and cocoa and more cups. Refrigerate the truffles.
- Truffles can be made 3 days ahead.