Sue's Enoki and Chicken Salad
Member recipe by tlivesey
A simple salad for all seasons where the almond, sesame seed and lemon combination make the Enoki Mushrooms Zing!!
- 1 bag mixed salad leaves
- 1 150g pack Enoki Mushrooms
- 150-200g cooked chicken breast thinly sliced *
- 2 sliced spring onions
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds (toasted in a dry pan until pale gold)
- 25g sliced almonds (toasted in a dry pan until pale gold)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- Black pepper to taste
- *tuna is equally good in this recipe for a change
- Toast the sesame seeds and then the almonds.
- Make the dressing by mixing together sesame oil, soy sauce, lemon juice & a few twists of black pepper
- Place mixed salad leaves in a large bowl.
- Trim the base from the Enoki Mushrooms and separate into small clusters.
- Add the Mushroom to the mixed leaves along with the chicken, spring onions & almonds.
- When ready to serve give the dressing a last stir and pour over the salad and toss to coat all of the ingredients thoroughly.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds over and serve immediately