Lady's Kisses-Baci di dama
Member recipe by campodifragole
ServingsServes 1 - 24 Cookies
This a perfect little treat to offer someone you love or simply to have on this day: Saint Valentine's. It's an Italian specialty from Turin, from where the best hazelnuts are from... and the name Baci di Dama, literally 'Lady's Kisses', as they are paired together to resemble a kiss. The best cookies ever!! Very easy to make and they taste delicious!!
- 200 gr. toasted hazelnut, finely ground
- 200 gr sugar
- 200 gr. unsalted butter, softened
- 250 gr. flour
- Spreadable chocolate cream like Nutella
- My personal touch: 1tsp cocoa powder, 1tsp ground coffee
- In a bowl combine the hazelnut meal, sugar, flour, coffee and cocoa. Add the softened butter and quickly make a cookie dough.
- Wrap it in a cling film and preserve in the fridge for 1 hour at least.
- Shape little balls, the cookie dough will feel a bit wet but don't worry. Bake the little Baci for 30 minutes, oven 200 ÃÂºC- checking from time to time and when done take out and let cool on a tray.
- Note: During the cooking process the ball will flatten on one side. When cooled, take two pieces and stick them together with a bit of chocolate cream in the middle. And there you have it. Only left for you to start kissing!! XXX