Tomato and Mozarella Sandwich
Member recipe by sameer.a.bhat
- 4 slices Italian bread
- 1 garlic clove, cut in half
- 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 lg. tomato slices
- 4 tsp. shredded fresh basil or 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 4 (1/2 oz.) slices mozzarella cheese
- Preheat broiler. Toast bread under broiler for 30-60 seconds, or toast in toaster. Rub top sides of each slice with cut garlic. Brush each slice with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- Place a slice of tomato on each piece of garlic toast. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon basil over each slice of tomato and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar over each sandwich.
- Top each sandwich with a slice of mozzarella cheese. Set 4-6 inches from heat and broil until cheese melts, 1-2 minutes.