Easy salmon kedgeree
Member recipe by sashaarmour
Perfect for a quick and wholesome meal - also great for its protein and omega-3
- 300cc Basmati rice
- 15g butter
- 10g oil
- 1 heaped tsp Madras curry paste
- Finely chopped parsley
- 2 pieces spring onion, cut into diagonally pieces about 2 cm
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 salmon fillets (salted or slightly smoked), cooked and flaked
- 2 eggs (hard boiled or semi boiled)
- Cook the basmati rice according to the pack instructions. If not cooked already, cook the salmon fillets and boil the eggs as well.
- Melt the butter with the oil in a wok. Stir in the curry paste and cook until you start to smell the wonderful aromas. Now add the chopped onion and cook until softened and beginning to brown. (about 5mins)
- Next throw in your rice and quickly stir to make sure all the buttery juices are absorbed and the rice is heated through. Now mix in the flaked salmon and chopped spring onion.
- Decorate with chopped parsley and boiled eggs (cut into quarters or eighths).