Scots Ginger Whisky Truffles
Member recipe by zetallgerman
ServingsServes 1 - 30 Truffles
A fantastic gift for Burns Night, Christmas, Birthdays... or just because you love boozy chocolates!
- 250g dark chocolate, high quality
- 100g unsalted butter
- 100g ginger snap biscuits, crushed
- 1-2 tbsp malt whisky
- 2 tbsp cocoa, sifted
- Gently melt the chocolate and butter together in a bowl over simmering water (or in the microwave).
- Finely crush the ginger snaps.
- Take the liquid off the heat. Tip the crushed biscuits into the chocolate mixture with the whisky and stir well.
- Pour into a shallow dish and, once cooled slightly, refrigerate for a couple of hours to firm up.
- Using a teaspoon or melon baller spoon out some of the mixture and, using the palms of both hands, form into balls (it will seem rather solid at first, but the warmth of your hands will soften the truffles. As this is delicious but messy work, you may wish to wear latex disposable kitchen gloves)
- Place the cocoa in a bowl and carefully roll the truffles in this to coat them.
- Wrap the truffles in small gift bags or boxes and keep in the fridge for up to a week.
- The truffles are best eaten at room temperature, so remove from the fridge about 20min before enjoying!