Best Banana Cake ever..
Member recipe by sarah66
Easy, healthy and delicious, ideal for using up over ripe bananas.
- 3 large or 4 small bananas
- 250 grams self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 rounded tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 6 tablespoons semi skimmed milk
- 2 eggs
- 110 grams raisins or sultanas
- set oven to Gas mark 4 - 180C for fan oven refer to manual. Grease and lightly flour an 8 inch cake tin.
- roughly mash bananas in a small bowl.
- sift together flour, baking powder and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- whisk together oil, milk and eggs in a jug and add to the flour mix and stir well, add the bananas and raisins and mix well.
- turn into tin and bake in the centre of the oven for 50 - 55 minutes, test with a cake needle before removing from oven. Cool in tin for 15 mins and turn out onto a wire rack to allow to go cold.