Best banana cake - ever!
Member recipe by emh123
don't throw those sad looking banana's away! use them to make this delicious sweet, sticky, moist and very easy to make cake
- 2-3 over ripe bananas
- 150 grams golden caster sugar
- 225 grams self raising flour (sifted)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 110 ml sunflower oil
- preheat oven to 170C
- mash bananas and combine with the sugar
- add the other ingredients and mix well or even easier place everthing in a food processor and whizz until mixed well.
- pour into tin lined with baking parchment, ( I use a loaf tin)
- bake for approx 45 mins until firm to the touch
- cool in the tin for approx 10 mins before transfering to cooling tray