Member recipe by oddish
ServingsServes 1 - 18 Cookies
Keep these luscious treats under lock and key unless your'e felling generous.
- 115g/4oz/½ Cup Unsalted Butter
- 115g/4oz/2/3 Cup Light Muscavado Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 5ml/1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 150g/5oz/1¼ Cups Of Self-Raising Flour
- 75g/3oz/¾ Cup Porridge Oats
- 115g/4oz Plain Chocolate Roughly Chopped
- Preheat the oven to 190°c/375°F/Gas 5.Lightly grease two baking sheets.Cream the butter with the sugar in a bowl until pale and fluffy.Add the egg and vanilla essence and beat well.
- Sift the flour over the mixture and fold in lightly with a metal spoon, then add the oats and the chocolate and stir until evenly mixed.
- Place small spoonfuls of the mixture in 18-20 rocky heaps on the prepared baking sheets, leaving space for spreading.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until beginning to turn pale golden. Cool for 2-3 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.