Cheddar Cheese & Corn Muffins
Member recipe by isobelstorm
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Muffins
These delicious cheesy corn muffins make a perfect healthy treat for children. Served warm straight from the oven they contain a scrummy chunk of melted cheese in the middle.
- 300g self-raising flour (white or wholemeal)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1tsp sugar
- 75g Yeo Valley Organic Mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 50g Yeo Valley Organic Mature cheddar cheese, cut into 12 small chunks
- 75g canned sweetcorn, drained
- 60g Yeo Valley Organic Butter
- 1 tsp English mustard
- 150g Yeo Valley Organic Greek yogurt
- 175ml Yeo Valley Organic milk
- 1 egg
- 1tbsp chopped fresh chives
- Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6.
- Mix together the self-raising flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, grated cheese and sweetcorn in a bowl.
- Melt the butter then mix in the mustard, yogurt, milk, egg and chives. Pour the cheese mixture into the flour and mix briefly to combine. Spoon a small amount of the batter into lightly greased muffin tins. Place a piece of cheese in the centre of each muffin then top with the remaining batter.
- Bake in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden. Remove and place on a wire rack. Serve warm.