Caribbean chicken rice & beans
Member recipe by katiedorey
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 100ml caribbean cooking sauce (eg: Reggae Reggae sauce)
- 115g basmati rice
- 200ml coconut cream
- 150ml water
- 300g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- handful fresh coriander, chopped roughly
- Oven to 200C/fan 180C.gas 6. Over a high heat, in a large frying pan, sear the chicken breasts until golden (2mins each side).
- Transfer the chicken to a roasting tin and pour over the Reggae Reggae sauce or equivalent. Roast for 15mins until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, rinse the rice then tip into a medium saucepan. Stir in the coconut cream and water, place over a high heat and simmer for 6mins. Stir in the kidney beans and cook for a further 5mins until rice is tender. Drain, return to the pan, season and stir in the coriander. Divide between plates and serve with the chicken sliced into strips and the sauce from the roasting tin.