Olive and Sun-dried flat bread
Member recipe by cool95
ServingsServes 1 - 1 Loave
Olive and Sun-dried flat bread which is the perfect accompaniment with any pasta or other Italian dish
- 250g- Strong bread flour
- 2 tsp- Sea salt
- 1/2 sachet- Dried yeast
- 2 tbsp- Olive oil
- 150ml- Warm water
- 85g- Black Greek olives, pitted and chopped
- 30g- Sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp- Fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp- Fresh oregano
- 1/2 tsp- Black Pepper
- Mix the flour, 1tsp of sea salt, the yeast, 1tbsp of olive oil, and the warm water in a large mixing bowl with a fork until the mixture is somewhat combined. If you have added too much water, so that the mixture is really soggy, add a little more flour
- On a floured surface knead the dough well with your hands and knuckles for about 6-8mins until the dough is elastic and smooth. Now put the dough in a plastic bag, tie the bag up and place it somewhere warm for an hour or so until the dough has roughly doubled in size. This gives the yeast time to prove
- Preheat oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7
- Add the olives and sun dried tomatoes to the the dough making sure they are well mixed in and integrated. Now mould the dough into a rough round shape and press down firmly.
- Place the dough on a lined baking tray and let it rise for another 30mins. At the same time, in a small bowl, mix the rosemary, oregano, black pepper and the other tsp of sea salt.
- Brush the surface of the dough with olive oil and sprinkle the rosemary mix evenly on top of the dough.
- Bake for 30mins until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let your olive and sun-dried tomato flat bread cool on a wire rack