- 3 tbsp olive oil
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 400g can butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 140g roasted red peppers from a jar, chopped
- 3 tbsp crème fraîche
- 200g raw peeled prawns, defrosted if frozen
There are thousands of different species of prawn, but tiger, king and North Atlantic are the…
- handful basil leaves, torn
Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a pan, add the garlic and gently fry until soft. Stir in the beans and peppers to coat in the oil. Stir in the crème fraîche, bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 mins.
Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan, add the prawns and quickly fry until they are evenly pink. Stir the basil into the beans and divide between 2 warm plates. Top with the prawns and serve.