Steak and Ale Broth
Member recipe by aufpet
- 500g Cubed Beef
- 2 1/2 Pints of Beef Stock
- 3/4 pint of Dark Ale (Not Stout)
- 200g Pearl Parley
- 2 Large Carrots, chopped
- 1 Parsnip, chopped
- 1 Swede, chopped
- 1 Small onion, finely chopped
- 1 Leek, chopped
- 150g Button mushrooms, cut in half
- 1 tsp White Pepper
- Put the pearl barley and beef stock in to a large, lidded pan and bring to the boil.
- Leave this overnight to allow the barley to swell
- When ready, begin warming the mixture through, and add all the vegtables, mushrooms and meat, followed by the ale.
- Just before boiling add a dash of white pepper. Turn off the heat and leave to cool for 30 minutes.
- Ladel about a fifth of the broth in to a blender and blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the blended mixture back to the broth. Stir in and bring back to the boil.
- Served with buttered granary bread rolls