Baileys Chocolate Cheesecake
Member recipe by nesswah
- 110g Butter (Salted)
- 300g Crushed Oaty Hobnob Biscuits
- 250g Mascapone
- 3 tablespoons of Single Cream
- 5 tablespoons of Baileys Liquor
- 300g Milk Chocolate
- Crush 300g of Hobnob Biscuits (they make for a nicer base than Digestives) in a sandwich bag using a rolling pin until completely crushed and smooth. Melt 110g of butter in a heatproof dish in the microwave. Combine the crushed biscuits and butter and mix until the buscuits are coated and have turned a slightly darker colour. Spread them evenly in a cheesecake tin and press down a little to ensure that the base stays together.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and allow to simmer. Place a heatproof bowl over the pan and melt 300g of milk chocolate.
- While the chocolate is melting place 250g of Mascapone, 3 tbsp of cream and 5 tbsp of Baileys in a mixing bowl and mix until you have a whipped cream consistency.
- Once the chocolate is melted spoon most of the chocolate into the mixing bowl with the Mascapone mixture and mix well. Spoon the mixture over the biscuit base and spread evenly. Drizzle the remaining chocolate over the top to make a pretty design. Place in the refridgerator to set for about an hour before serving.
- N.B, Don't spread the melted chocolate too thickly when decorating or it will be difficult to cut once chilled.
- Its important to use cooking chocolate in this recipe as normal chocolate will turn lumpy when combined with the mascapone and cream mixture as it solidifys much more quickly than cooking chocolate.
- If you add too much cream, don't worry, the chocolate will ensure that the mixture will set once cooled.