Hot Chocolate Custard Puds
Member recipe by mariamtherese
A little chocolate goes a long way in these brilliantly easy puddings that are low fat and saturated fat. Kids will love them too.
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil, plus extra for oiling
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 100g/4oz self raising flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 50g/2oz golden caster sugar
- 100ml skimmed milk
- 1 egg
- for the chocolate custard
- 2x150g pots low fat custard
- 25g/1oz plain chocolate chopped
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees/fan gas 3. Brush six holes of a muffin tin with a drop of oil. sieve the cocoa in a large bowl along with the rest of the dry ingredients. Stir to combine and make a well in the middle.
- Beat the milk, egg and oil together in a jug, pour into the well in the dry ingredients then stir quickly to make a batter. Spoon into the muffin tin and bake for 15 mins.
- Heat the custard in the microwave according to the packet instructions, or in a pan, then tip in the chopped chocolate and stir until smooth. Turn the pudding into bowls and pour the custard over.