Cheesy chicken ratatouille
Member recipe by isobelstorm
This is a delicious summery dish inspired by the Mediterranean. It goes well with pasta or you can just eat it alone for a lighter meal.
- 1 jar good quality tomato and herb pasta sauce
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red pepper deseeded and chopped
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 100g Leerdammer Mature, grated
- Set the oven at 180c / 160c fan oven / gas mark 4.
- Pour the pasta sauce into a baking dish, add the courgette and red peppers and place the chicken breasts on top.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil and bake for 25 minutes until the chicken is almost cooked.
- Add the cherry tomatoes to the dish and sprinkle the cheese over the chicken.
- Return to the oven for a further 6 to 8 minutes until the cheese has melted and the tomatoes are cooked. Serve with cooked pasta.