Member recipe by blackethouse
A delicious, simple, medium hot curry making good use of this excellent game bird.
- 4 Pheasant breasts, chopped into small cubes.
- 1 large onion, medium chopped.
- 1 large courgette, medium chopped.
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped.
- 1 chilli finely chopped with seeds.
- 5 tbsp vegetable oil.
- 2 tbsp Tandoori masala ready mixed spices.
- 1 tin chopped plum tomatoes.
- 2 tbsp tomato puree.
- 100ml hot water.
- salt to taste.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a large frying pan. Over medium heat cook chopped onion and courgette until soft.
- Add spices, garlic and chilli, mix well and fry for 3 mins
- Add plum tomatoes and tomato puree. Slowly add hot water stirring all the time. Bring to the boil, add salt to taste, reduce heat and allow sauce to gently simmer. Stir occasionally.
- In a separate pan heat 2 tbsp oil. Over a medium heat cook cubed pheasant breasts for 3-4 mins so they are just cooked through.
- Add cooked pheasant breast cubes to the sauce and gently cook for a further 3-4 mins. Ensure the curry is piping hot.
- Serve with your favourite boiled rice.