- 4 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
Like cabbage and cauliflower, broccoli is a brassica and is sometimes known by its Italian name…
- half a 250g pack baby sweetcorn, halved lengthways
Also known as corn on the cob, sweetcorn is composed of rows of tightly packed golden yellow…
- 2 tbsp Thai red curry paste (we used Bart's)
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- splash Thai fish sauce or low-salt soy sauce
- 200g cooked fozen prawn, defrosted
There are thousands of different species of prawn, but tiger, king and North Atlantic are the…
Tip the sugar into a wok, add a splash of water and let it dissolve over a low heat. Once dissolved, turn up the heat until it bubbles, then pour into a heatproof bowl.
Heat the oil in the wok, then stir-fry the broccoli and sweetcorn for 3 mins until they start to blister. Stir the curry paste into the caramel, then pour into the wok. Add the pepper and continue to cook for 2 mins. Splash in the fish sauce or soy, add the prawns and fry again to heat through. Serve immediately with rice or noodles.