Basic Cookie Recipe
Member recipe by bendickinson
ServingsServes 1 - 30 Cookies
This recipe is basic and can be adapted with things like chocolate chips or spices.
- 225g (8oz) butter, softened
- 110g (4oz) Caster sugar
- 275g (10oz) Plain flour
- Add one teaspoon of spices (cinnamon, mixed spice, ginger, etc)
- 75g White or Milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven at 170oC (375oF) or gas mark 3.
- Cream the butter in a large bowl or in a food mixer until it is soft. Add the sugar and beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Sift the flour into the mixture and add optional ingredients. Bring the mixture together in a figure of eight until it forms a dough.
- Using your hands, make walnut sized balls and place them slightly apart from eachother on a tray (You don't need to grease or line a tray). Flatten the balls with the back of a fork and bake them in the oven for around 15 mins until they are golden brown and slightly firm on top.
- Place the cookies onto a cooling rack and leave them there for around 15 mins. Once cool serve.