Chocolate Berry Tray Bake
Member recipe by sweetunique
- * 250g butter, softened, plus extra
- * 250g self-raising flour
- * 1 tsp baking powder
- * 225g drinking chocolate powder
- * 250g light soft brown sugar
- * 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- * 3 tbsp milk
- * 200g frozen berries (raspberries, blackberries and blueberries)
- * For decoration
- * 200g white chocolate, broken up
- * Fresh raspberries
- * Small pink or white marshmallows
- * Candles
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Grease and base line a 30cm x 20cm cake tin. Sift the flour, baking powder and drinking chocolate into a large bowl.
- In another bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy. Gradually add the eggs, beating well after each addition. Add the flour mixture and milk and gently mix until combined.
- Spoon the cake mixture into the tin and poke in the frozen berries. Bake for 45 minutes, covering with a double layer of baking paper halfway through to prevent it browning too much, until risen and cooked. When you press the cake lightly, it should bounce back. Cool in the tin slightly, then turn out and cool on a wire rack.
- To decorate, put the chocolate into a bowl. Rest the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water and leave to melt, stirring occasionally. Carefully remove the bowl from the saucepan.
- Using a teaspoon, drizzle the chocolate in lines across the cake. Arrange the berries, marshmallows and candles on top before serving.