Easy fruit malt loaf
Member recipe by cranstoun1
This is a super fast recipe that is simple but yummy in every way..an added bonus kids love it too!!!
- 1 mug of milk
- 1 mug of self raising flour
- 1 mug of shredded bran cereal
- 1 cup of saltans/raisins
- 1/4 mug of sugar
- 4 medium sized strawberrys
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder
- In a bowl add together your bran, milk, cinnamon, vanilla extract, strawberrys and sultanas. Give a light mix. Then leave overnight or until the bran has lost original form
- Once the bran has absorbed the milk, and has gone like a mushy texture, you can the add your self raising flour and sugar. Mix altogether until all combined with other ingredients
- Put the mixture into buttered, medium sized loaf tin or something similar to this
- Place into a pre heated oven ( 160 degrees c) for 25-30 minutes. Keep testing the minture though!!! You will know it is cooked if you insert a knike blade and when pulled out it is clean.
- Allow to cool then slice and enjoy with butter, or its even yummy on its own