- 3 tbsp olive oil
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- ½ butternut squash, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 50g vegetarian parmesan -style cheese, (we used Twineham Grange Italian-style cheese), finely grated, plus extra to serve
Parmesan is a straw-coloured hard cheese with a natural yellow rind and rich, fruity flavour. It…
- zest 1 lemon
Oval in shape, with a pronouced bulge on one end, lemons are one of the most versatile fruits…
- 85g fresh white breadcrumb
- small handful sage leaves
Popular in both Italian and British cookery, sage has long, grey-green leaves with a slightly…
- 500ml pack cheese-filled ravioli
- pinch crushed chilli flakes
Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the squash for 10 mins until golden, turning the cubes now and then. Add the garlic and fry for 1 min until softened. Add 300ml water, the grated Parmesan, chilli flakes and lemon zest. Stir well, turn the heat down and cook for 3-4 mins. Mash well and season to taste.
In a small pan, heat the rest of the oil, then stir in the breadcrumbs. Fry until golden, stirring every so often. Stir in the sage.
Cook the ravioli according to pack instructions (they usually only take a few mins). Drain, then spoon into bowls. Pour over the squash sauce, then sprinkle with sage breadcrumbs.