Boozy chocolate mascarpone pud
Member recipe by jpops88
- 350g mascarpone cheese
- 225g fromage frais
- 50g icing sugar
- 175g plain chocolate, melted
- 1 x 175g chocolate Madeira cake
- 4 tbsp brandy
- Chocolate shavings and cocoa powder, to decorate, optional
- Beat the mascarpone and fromage frais in a bowl until smooth. Then sift in the sugar and beat in.
- Place two-thirds of the cheese mixture in a bowl and stir in the melted chocolate.
- Place half of the chocolate mixture in a greased and lined 450g/1lb loaf tin, and level with the back of a spoon.
- Slice the cake into 1cm thick slices. Lay half the slices on top of the chocolate mixture in an even layer; break up the pieces to fill any gaps. Sprinkle over 2 tbsp of the brandy.
- Spread the white cheese mixture over the cake, top with the remaining cake slices and sprinkle over the remaining brandy. Spread remaining chocolate mixture over the top and chill in the fridge until firm.
- To turn out, run a knife down the sides of the tin, invert on to a plate and peel off the paper. Sprinkle with chocolate shavings and dust with cocoa powder if desired.