macaroni ham and cheese
Member recipe by thorin
I made this dish on a lay back Sunday its 45 minuets to cook but my mum and I found it very fun.
- 400g of macaroni pasta
- 180 ml single cream
- 100g half fat crème fraiche
- 1 tsp english mustard
- 200g cheddar cheese , grated
- 4 slices cooked ham, cut 1cm cubes
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- fill a large pot with water. Add a splash of sunflower oil and wait to boil.
- put the dried macaroni and cook with the packet instructions, once cooked drain and set aside.
- in a separate pan, add the single cream ,english mustard and creme fraiche and slowly melt on low heat.
- Add most of the cheese to the cream mixture, and stir until all the cheese has melted.
- pour the ham to the cream mix and season, next pour the sauce with the pasta an into a oven proof dish sprinkle the rest of the cheese and put it in the oven 150* until golden and crisp