Member recipe by tamaraswarbreck
Scrumptious hazelnut and oat crumble, over tangy rhubarb, sweetened with the finest Steens Manuka Honey.
- Compote Ingredients:
- 500g Rhubarb
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 large tablespoons of Steens Raw Manuka Honey (add more for a sweeter taste)
- Crumble Ingredients:
- 40g cold diced butter
- 4 tablespoons wholemeal flour
- 4 tablespoons rolled oats
- 4 tablespoons roughly chopped hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon of Steens Raw Manuka Honey
- Place all the compote ingredients into a pot and stir.
- Bring to the boil stirring often then immediately reduce heat to a simmer and cook until rhubarb is soft and stewed.
- Place in a dish in preparation for the crumble.
- Rub butter into flour and when combined add the oats and hazelnuts and continue to rub in .
- Lastly mix in the manuka honey and dollop the crumble all over the rhubarb.
- Bake for approx. 30 minutes or until crumble is golden in a 190 C degree oven. Complete the dish with a serving of yoghurt or ice cream.