Cornish cream tea cupcakes
Member recipe by honeebee
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Cakes
The delicious taste of Cornish cream tea transformed in little cupcakes
- 150g unsalted butter at room temperature
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 medium free range eggs
- 150g self raising flour
- 30ml double cream
- 10ml Madagascar vanilla extract
- 12tsp of strawberry jam
- 12tsp of clotted cream
- 6 strawberries cut into halves
- A sprinkle of Icing sugar to decorate
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees, 150 degrees if dan assisted. Cream together the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat in the eggs, cream and vanilla and then gradually fold in the flour.
- Divide 12 cupcake cases into a 12 hole muffin tray and divide the mixture between the cases and bake for 15-20 minutes. (As with all sponge, the tops should be spongey but if you poke with a sharp knife, it should come out clean of any mixture). Leave to cool.
- Cut a circle into the top of each cake (about 1cm deep) so you can lift the top off each one. Fill each cake with a tsp of clotted cream and a tsp of strawberry jam and pop the tops back onto the cakes. Dust with a sprinkle of icing sugar and finish each with a strawberry half.