Cupcakes with Fluff Icing
Member recipe by piglet456
ServingsServes 1 - 18 Cakes
A chocolate Cupcake with some delicious Icing made from Marshmallow fluff
- For the sponge:
- 80g unsalted butter, softened
- 280g caster sugar
- 200g plain flour
- 40g cocoa powder
- 1tbsp baking powder
- 1/4tsp salt
- 240ml milk
- 2 eggs
- For the icing:
- 85g unsalted butter, softened
- 140g icing sugar
- 110g vanilla Marshmallow Fluff
- Preheat the oven to 190C/ 180C fan and line a muffin tin with muffin cases.
- Using a hand held whisk or a free standing electric mixer, beat together the butter, sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt on low until the ingredients are well incorporated and resemble fine breadcrumbs.
- Pour the milk into a jug, add the eggs and whisk together. Pour three quarters of the milk mixture into the dry ingredients and beat on a low speed to combine. Raise the speed to medium and continue to mix until smooth and thick. pour the remaining milk mixture and keep mixing until the batter is smooth.
- Spoon the batter into the cases, so they are two thirds full. Bake in the oven for 18 minutes or until springy to touch. Leave to cool slightly before removing from the tin and placing on a wire cooling rack. Wait until completely cold before applying the icing.
- To make the icing, slowly mix together the butter and icing sugar until smooth. Add the marshmallow fluff and increase the speed to high. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Using a palette knife, spread the icing on and decorate with jelly beans or milk chocolate decorations.