Philly cheese steak wellington
Member recipe by mrmanslaughter
I combined two classics. America's Philly cheese steak, and Britain's Beef wellington.
- 700g steak (I use sirloin) sliced wafer thin
- 12 slices of Prosciutto
- 170g Ardennes pate
- 300g cheddar cheese
- 2x 375g ready rolled puff pastry sheets
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- Remove fat and slice the steaks into strips as thin as possible
- season well with salt and pepper and pan fry or grill for 2-3 minutes siring the meat constantly until all slightly browned.
- lay out the Prosciutto overlapping to make a large square, cover with the pate, then add the cooked steak to the middle of the Prosciutto square in a rectangle shape, leaving enough space around the edges to fold over the steak and make a parcel.
- Roll out one puff pasty sheep and place the package in the middle, cover with cheddar cheese, then lay the second sheet over the top, tuck it in tightly, then cut the excess pasty away leaving a 2 inch border, crimp the border with the back of a teaspoon until crimped all the way around.
- Lightly beat the egg, then brush the pastry with the egg wash.
- bake in the oven for 25 minutes on 200c or 180c for fan assisted ovens.