Member recipe by j_harrington
ServingsServes 1 - 25 Squares
Great energy booster, traditionally made in Iceland using Rhubarb jam. Perfect treat for kids and adults alike!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 250 gm non salted butter (at room temperature)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 whole jar of jam (your favourite flavour!)
- Pre heat the oven to 240C/fan 220C/gas 9. Grease a large baking tin (at least 2 inches deep)
- Mix together the oats, flour, sugar, baking powder and butter either by hand or with a food processor until like a dough in consistency. If the mixture is a little dry add a small splash of milk.
- Put half of the dough mix into the pre prepared tin, spread the mixture out and push down. Take care to make sure all the corners are covered.
- Spread the whole jar of jam over the first layer of mixture, it looks like a sandwich cake! Make sure the jam is evenly spread.
- Cover the jam layer evenly with the second half of the mixture. Push down slightly and ensure all the jam is covered.
- Cook at 240C/fan 220C/gas 9 for 10 minutes, then turn the oven down to 160C/fan 140C/gas 3 for 30-40 minutes, until the top has turned a golden colour.