Beef in oyster sauce
Member recipe by cypher69
Quick and easy stir fry Preparation: less than 30 minutes Cooking: 10 minutes
- For the beef
- 350g beef fillet
- 1 tsp light soy sauce (increase quantity for more flavour)
- 1 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce (increase quantity for more flavour)
- Pinch sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 chilli, de-seeded, finely chopped
- 200g baby spinach leaves
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing rice wine or dry sherry
- Pinch dried chilli flakes
- For the mushrooms
- 1 tsp groundnut oil
- 100g oyster mushrooms
- Dash Chinese black rice vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- Dash light oyster sauce
- Place the fillet in between two sheets of cling film and bash with meat mallet or rolling pin until half as thin. Slice the beef into thin pieces and place into a bowl, then season with the light soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar and salt and freshly ground pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a wok until smoking and add one tablespoon of the groundnut oil, then add the garlic and chilli. Stir for a few seconds, then add the spinach leaves and toss for a few seconds, until warmed through. Pile onto a large serving plate.
- Place the wok back on the heat and add the remaining oil, then add the beef slices and stir fry for 2-3 minutes, or until the beef is cooked to your liking. Pour the Shaoxing rice wine and sprinkle over the dried chilli flakes. Pile the beef over the spinach leaves.
- For the oyster mushrooms, heat the oil in the wok and add the oyster mushrooms. Stir fry for one minute. Add a splash of water to create some steam to help the mushroom cook, then season to taste with the black rice vinegar and light soy sauce. Spoon the oyster mushrooms over the beef and serve with rice.