Pasta butterbean salad
Member recipe by suborbitcom
You have to go a long way to beat a home-made pesto and its flavour is well matched in this dish by the creaminess of the butterbeans. This pesto is made with parsley, so it has a mild flavour, but traditionalists can replace it with basil.
- 200g Orecchiette or other pasta shape
- splash of olive oil
- a large bunch of fresh flatleaf parsley
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 red chilli, seeded and roughly chopped
- 6 sunblush tomatoes, roughly chopped
- small block Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 400g can of butterbeans
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Rinse in cold water, toss in a splash of olive oil and leave to cool.
- Place the parsley, rosemary, garlic, chilli and tomatoes in a food processor. Whizz until finely chopped.
- Add the parmesan to the food processor with the olive oil and blitz again to form a rough paste. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Drain the butterbeans and rinse well with cold water. Place in a large bowl with the cooked pasta and the pesto and toss well together. Serve at room temperature.