Member recipe by rayhanrico
- 5 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 kg salmon fillet, cut into cubes
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 cloves
- 3 star anise
- 3 cardamom pods
- 1 stalk lemongrass, roughly chopped
- 400ml coconut milk
- 2 tbsp tamarind paste
- 6 kaffir lime leaves
- 6 tbsp toasted, desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Juice of 2 limes
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- For the spice paste, place some liquid and some dry ingredients into a food processor and pulse to form a paste. Transfer the paste to a small and set aside.
- For the salmon, heat a heavy-based pan over a medium heat, add half the oil then brown the salmon on all sides, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and fry the spice paste for 2-3 minutes. Add the cinnamon,cloves,star anise, cardamom and lemongrass and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Return the salmon to the pan, mix well then add the coconut milk, tamarind paste and kaffir lime leaves and bring to a simmer.
- Serve with a herby,green salad and rice.