Delicious Treacle Tart
Member recipe by kellytrainor
Developed by the lovely dairy farmers' wives of Kelly's of Cornwall.
- 6oz shortcrust pastry
- 125g/4oz golden syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 75-125g/3-4oz fresh white or wholemeal bread crumbs
- Kelly's of Cornwall Clotted Cream Ice Cream
- Use 3/4 pastry line 7in pie plate
- Add lemon juice to syrup and add to breadcrumbs
- Pour filling into pastry. Dampen the edges of the pastry
- Roll out remaining pastry to an oblong 18cm/7in long, cut into 5mm/1/4in strips - there should be 10
- Twist and place lattice fashion across the tart
- Bake for approx 30 mins at gas 6/200C/400
- Fab served with Kelly's of Cornwall ice cream!