Emma's Mexican Lasagne
Member recipe by october84
- 500g mince
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin red kidney beans in chilli sauce
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1 red and green pepper, sliced
- 6-8 tortilla wraps, cut in half
- 500g cheese grated
- 1 packet (30g) of fajita seasoning mix (any heat you like, I use hot)
- Optional extras:
- red and green jalapeno's chopped (or from a jar)
- extra onion or peppers to suit taste
- Pre heat oven to 180 fan.
- Fry your mince and onions until just cooked through. Add peppers and fajita seasoning, fry for 2 min.
- Add kidney beans and tomatoes, stir through and simmer for 10min.
- While simmering grate your cheese and get a lasagne dish ready for assembling together.
- Put half the mince mixture into the bottom of the dish, add a layer of tortilla wraps (overlapping like you would with lasagne sheets) then grated cheese. Layer again in same way with remaining mince, tortillas and cheese.
- Cook in oven for 20min, finishing off for 5 min under the grill to get some colour into the cheese.
- Serve with salad, potato wedges, salsa, soured cream and guacamole.