- 4 aubergines, cut into 1cm slices lengthways
Although it's technically a fruit (a berry, to be exact), the aubergine is used as a…
- 8 plum tomatoes, each cut into 3 thick slices
- 2 bunches of spring onions, trimmed
Also known as scallions or green onions, spring onions are in fact very young onions, harvested…
- 150ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3 plump garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 100g packs firm goat's cheese
- extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
- large handful of fresh basil leaves
- 8 flour tortillas
Put the sliced aubergines, tomatoes and whole spring onions into a large shallow dish. Whisk the olive oil, white wine vinegar and garlic together with plenty of seasoning, pour over the vegetables and toss well.
Barbecue the aubergine slices directly over a medium high heat for 4-5 minutes each side, until tender and marked. Remove and put into a large shallow bowl. Barbecue the tomatoes and spring onions for 3-4 minutes, turning once. Add to the aubergines. Crumble the goat’s cheese over the hot vegetables and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Toss very gently.
To serve, scatter the basil leaves over the vegetables.Warm the floured tortillas on the barbecue for 1-2 minutes, turning once. Let each guest take a spoonful from the platter of vegetables and goat’s cheese and fold up in a warm tortilla.