Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookies
Member recipe by helenaf_w
ServingsServes 1 - 8 Cookies
A twist on chocolate chip cookies using syrup to make them extra gooey and chewy with a crispy outside, for the perfect cookie! A really easy recipe, with opportunities for plenty of your own variations too!
- 100g Butter or Margarine
- 100g granulated sugar (dark brown also works well)
- 50g porridge oats (optional)
- 175g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3-4 heaped tablespoons golden syrup
- 100g milk chocolate chips (or any combinations of chocolate)
- Preheat the oven to 180C, gas mark 4.
- Mix the butter, sugar, oats and flour with a wooden spoon; the mixture should be crumbly.
- Add the syrup and mix thoroughly. Add more syrup if the mixture does not bind well; the mixture should end up sticky but not wet.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Roll a golf ball sized cookie sphere and place on the tray, then squash with the palm of your hand till about 1.5cm thick.
- Place the baking tray in the middle of the oven, and bake for 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- For variations, use sweets such as smarties (I have found that anything with caramel eg Rolos won't work as well). For double choc chip cookies, remove the oats and add 30g cocoa powder.