- 150g pack medium egg noodle
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2½ cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped
Mainly grown in Jamaica, Africa, India, China and Australia, ginger is the root of the plant. It…
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, cut into matchsticks
The carrot, with its distinctive bright orange colour, is one of the most versatile root…
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 100g mangetout, sugarsnaps or frozen peas
The French name tells you all; it means ‘eat it all’. Mangetout properly means a…
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
Also known as scallions or green onions, spring onions are in fact very young onions, harvested…
- 85g beansprout (optional)
Widely seen as a major, somehow magic, ingredient, beansprouts…
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
An Asian condiment and ingredient that comes in a variety of of varieties ranging from light to…
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
Cook the noodles according to pack instructions.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan, then stir-fry the ginger, garlic, carrot, pepper and mangetout, sugar snap or frozen peas over a high heat for 2-3 mins.
Drain the noodles thoroughly, add to the pan with the onions and beansprouts, if using, then stir-fry for 2 mins.
Mix together the soy sauce and vinegar, stir into the pan, then cook for 1-2 mins. Divide between individual plates or bowls and serve immediately.