- 500g carton ready-made custard
- 6 Bramley apples, halved through the middle and core removed
A large, flattish cooking apple, green in appearance but sometimes with specks of red. The flesh…
- zest and juice 1 orange
One of the best-known citrus fruits, oranges aren't necessarily orange - some varieties are…
- 1 tsp cinnamon
A fragrant spice which comes from the inner bark of a tropical tree. When dried, it curls into…
- 1 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 6 tbsp crunchy granola with almonds
- cream or ice cream, to serve (optional)
Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Pour the custard into a large baking dish. Toss the apples in the orange zest and juice, cinnamon and sugar.
Arrange the apples, cut-side up, on top of the custard and drizzle with any extra juice from the bowl. Sprinkle over the granola and bake for 30 mins, until the apples are soft and piping hot – cover after 20 mins if the granola is getting dark. Serve with a drizzle of cream or a scoop of ice cream, if you like.