Lazy cornflake shortcakes
Member recipe by becs2205
ServingsServes 1 - 1 Portion
I prefer eating than baking so my recipes are as lazy as they can be! This is a very lazy recipe for the irresistable traybakes that i got as a child in school however still yummy!
- For the base:
- Ready rolled sweet shortcrust pastry
- You can make your own pastry but i can't be bothered
- For topping:
- 110g Strawberry jam
- 110g Golden Syrup
- 80g Cornflakes
- 40g Butter
- 30g Sugar
- Pre heat oven to the temp it will say on ready rolled packet or to the recipe your using for the pastry.
- Grease a baking tray and lay out pastry in a square, rectangle or cut into circle. Stab with fork about 10 times.
- Place pastry into oven for 20 minutes or to your recipe. While the pastry bakes place sugar, butter and syrup into pan. Heat to a simmer but do not let it burn. Stir continuously.
- Once caramel colour remove syrup mix from hob and mix in cornflakes so that every bit is covered.
- Once pastry is golden brown remove from oven and allow to cool. Once cooled spread jam all over, covering it all.
- Spread cornflake mix over jam and pastry and place in fridge to cool.
- Once cooled tale out of fridge cut into custom pieces and devour!!