Chicken Sweet Potato Risotto
Member recipe by atg123
Tasty risotto recipe with chicken, sweet potato, leeks and tarragon for cold winter evenings.
- 300g Sweet Potato, peeled and 2cm cubed
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Olive Oil
- 2 Chicken Breasts, 2cm cubed
- 2 medium sized leeks, sliced
- 3 teaspoons dried Tarragon (or 3-4 stalks of fresh)
- 20g butter
- 200g Risotto Rice, Arborio or Carnaroli
- 175ml White Wine
- 1 litre Chicken Stock
- 50g Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to season
- Preheat the oven to 200C/fan 180C. Put the sweet potato in a mixing bowl, coat in the olive oil, add the garlic and mix until the sweet potato is coated in garlicy oil. Put on a baking tray and in the oven for 20 mins. When this is done, leave on the side until needed.
- Meanwhile, put some oil in a frying pan on a medium/high heat and quick fry the chicken till a crust appears. Take off the heat and put on a plate to one side. Put the chicken stock in a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Put the frying pan back over a low heat and add the butter till bubbling. Fry the leeks and tarragon over the low heat until soft. Don't allow to colour. This should take about 10 mins. Then add the rice and stir to coat the grains in the butter. Fry for a minute or two more then add the White Wine. Bring the flame up to a medium heat and stir until the wine has nearly evaporated.
- Add the chicken to the rice. Now ladle a small of amount (about 2 ladles worth) of the simmering stock into the pan. Stir occasionally until the fluid has nearly evaporated. Repeat for around 20-25 mins until the rice is translucent, cooked but has a bite.
- Turn off the heat. Season, grate the Parmesan onto the Risotto and add the cooked sweet potato. Stir until the cheese has melted and serve in bowls.