Member recipe by katielizl
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Cakes
A great recipe if you have guests or just for fun! Makes 12 so ypou camn double the quantitiy more and more. Kids love making these... and so do adults! So just have fun baking these wonderful cupcakes!
- For The cakes
- 170g Soft Butter
- 170g Caster Sugar
- 170g Self Raising flour
- 3 medium eggs
- Juice and zest of Lemon (non-waxed)
- For the icing
- 150g icing sugar
- 20ml lemon juice
- Zest of lemon
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees/Gas mark 4
- Place cupcake cases into a cupcake tray
- Cream together the butter and the caster sugar until light & fluffy
- Whisk the eggs in a seperate bowl until doubled in volume, then slowly add it to the mixture stirring until thick.
- Add the lemon zest & juice then whisk.
- Sift in the flour, gently fold the mixture.
- Spoon into the cupcake cases.
- Put into the oven and cook for about 17mins until the tops are golden & are firm to touch.
- Leave to cool for 5mins
- For The Icing: Sift the icing sugar into a bowl. Add lemon Juice bit by bit until mixture is smooth but not too runny. Use more or less juice as required. Add in the lemon zest, then drizzle onto the cakes. Decorate as desired.