Claire's creamy potato salad
Member recipe by claire115
Creamy potato salad contrasts with the sharpness of capers and cornichons
- 800g small new potatoes
- 3 spring onions , finely chopped
- 1 tbsp small capers
- 2 tbsp cornichons , finely chopped
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise , or less to taste
- 1 tbsp sour cream, or more to taste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (optional)
- salt and pepper
- small handful dill leaves, roughly chopped
- small handful parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- Cut potatoes in half. Boil unpeeled potatoes for 15-20 mins, until a sharp knife slides easily into them. Drain and transfer to a bowl.
- While the potatoes are still warm, stir in the mayonnaise and sour cream, chop and add the other ingredients, season to taste and add a little lemon juice if a sharper taste is required.
- Cover the bowl with clingfilm. When the potatoes are no longer warm, chill in the fridge for at least an hour (or overnight).
- Reserve a little of the dill and parsley for garnish