Member recipe by hagar100
Rolled PALEO MEATLOAF with Vegetables. If you are searching for a recipe to COOK MEATLOAF, you should DEFINITELY try it!
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 0.3 cup spanish olives, pitted, finely chopped
- 0.3ÃÂ cup grilled eggplant slices, finely chopped
- 0.3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 100g baby spinach
- 600g mince meat
- 0.5 cup almond meal
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tsp marjoram, finely chopped
- 0.5 tsp cumin, ground
- 0.5 tsp paprika
- Heat a saucepan on medium heat and cook the onion and garlic in coconut oil for 3-4 minutes, stirring regularly, until the onions are soft and lightly golden. Remove the onion and garlic from the pan and place into a mixing bowl along with the olives, eggplant and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Return the saucepan to the heat and add the spinach, stir until the spinach begins to wilt then add to the mixing bowl and combine with the other ingredients.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the mince meat, almond meal, egg, thyme, marjoram, cumin and paprika and combine well.
- Place a sheet of baking paper onto the kitchen bench and place the mince meat mixture into the centre. Use a rolling pin to roll the mince mixture out to a 1.5cm thickness, keeping the shape of a rectangle.
- Place the onion and spinach mixture evenly on-top of the rolled out mince, then use the baking paper on the bottom of the mince to assist in rolling the mince up until both edges meet. Use your fingers to firmly combine the end of the Paleo meatloaf roll to avoid separation.
- Place the Paleo meatloaf onto a baking tray lined with baking paper, then place into the oven for 50-60 minutes or until the PALEO MEATLOAF has cooked through.
- Cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting the meatloaf into slices and serving.
- I hope you enjoyed my recipe, for more recipes click here!!