Mita's Tangerine Pancakes
Member recipe by mixitcookit
ServingsServes 1 - 6 Pancakes
- 135g sifted plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- Zest from small orange/tangerine or 1tbsp tangerine sugar.
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 130ml soya milk
- 1 large egg
- 25g melted butter (keep a bit extra to grease frying pan)
- 50g milk chocolate (rest can be used for fruits)
- Fruits dipped in melted milk chocolate and chilled to set.
- Combine flour, baking powder and sugar in a bowl.
- In a jug whisk milk, egg and melted butter.
- Pour wet into dry ingredients, add tangerine zest, poppy seeds and whisk with fork until smooth. Leave for 5 minutes.
- Add a tiny bit of butter in a small frying pan and use a ladle to start pouring pancake mixture. Let each side cook for one minute until risen and golden brown. Serve with extra chocolate and fruits.